Client: NYC SCA
Location: I.S.223 at X149, Bronx, NY
- Contemporary school libraries to accommodate the library function as a place for research and technology.
- Creative ceiling design maximizing the ceiling height, sound-absorbing ceiling varies in height with the reading area featuring the brightest light and highest ceiling.
- Finish color scheme complements the furniture (bookshelves, tables and chairs).
- Combination of direct and indirect lighting to provide premium ambient lighting for learning.
- Playing with the geometry of the space, our design is meant to make the library more appealing to students.
- Inside the library, a central reading area is brightly lit, balanced against lower level lighting at the periphery.
- New reading tables, computer workstations with desktops, electric recess mounted projection screens.
- Scope Report/Schematic Design
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration