Client: NYC SCA
Location: PS 078, Queens, NY
Size: 2,500 SF
- Installation of protective canopy over existing
- school play area located at 5th floor open terrace
- Painted structural curved primary steel members,
- as well as secondary and tertiary steel supports
- Installation of painted perforated aluminum decking/screen,
- stainless steel mesh, stainless steel netting, 3form eco-resin panels
- New steel handrails, planters and benches
- Scope Report
- Construction Documents
- Contemporary design solution for roof terrace playground using creative materials such as steel, aluminum, and eco-resin panels.
- A careful balance between a need for security and protection
- of the school kids as well as a necessity for an open outdoor space
- was achieved by using colorful translucent eco-resin
- panels, perforated aluminum panels, and stainless steel netting.
- Collaboration with several interest groups: school representatives, parent association, building board, SCA.