Client: NYC SCA
Location: IS 129, Bronx, NY
Size: ±2200sf / 240 seats
- Complete interior renovation of intermediate school auditorium, originally constructed in 1970, including all finishes.
- Significantly improved the acoustics of the space through the use of acoustic wall and ceiling paneling combined with wood elements to create a balanced acoustic.
- Stage extension increased useable performance space by 10%.
- Complete replacement of fixed seating, stage curtains and all doors.
- Provided completely new programmable stage lighting & dimming system.
- Provided ADA accessibility for the space, including a wheelchair lift to make stage fully accessible, and locations for wheelchair seating.
- Replacement of motorized folding partition wall which separates the space from the adjacent gymnasium.
- General electrical and HVAC upgrade including the provision of new air conditioning.
- Scope Report
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration
Our office approached this project as an opportunity to provide a quality high-end performance space, not only for the students of this Bronx public school, but also for the surrounding community, which makes frequent use of the space for neighborhood events and performances.